Management nowadays hold the key to an individuals success. It could be at different levels- professional, personal, emotional etc. It might not be possible to manage everything but you could try doing that in a few spheres. The reason for this being that you are responsible for everything that happens in your life. So, it is better to learn to accept as well as take total responsibility for yourself. If you do not manage yourself, then you are letting others have control of your Life. These tips will help “you” manage “you.”
Here is a list of things that would help you in self management and lead you to success!
- Try to look at every new opportunity as an exciting and new experience
- Exude confidence in whatever assignment or task you do. Be a professional who exhibits self-confidence and self-assurance in your potential to complete any task
- Prepare yourself mentally and convince yourself in advance that you will have a good attitude toward the upcoming task
- Frequently ask yourself the question- “Is what I am doing right now moving me toward my goals?”
- Get it right at the first attempt– Do it right the first time and you will not have to take time later to fix it
- Stand up and accept responsibility for your job successes and failures. Do not look for a scapegoat
- Do not view things you do as a “job.” View all activities as a challenge. Practice self-determination, wanting to do it for yourself
- Be positive in your approach and use your subconscious mind by telling it to do what you do want. Instead of telling yourself, “I can’t do that very well,” say, “I can do this very well.”
- Award yourself points for completing tasks on your “to-do” list in priority order. When you reach 10 points, reward yourself
- Practice your personal beliefs. It may be helpful each morning to take 15 minutes to gather your thoughts and say a prayer
- Never criticize yourself as having a weakness. Look at it this way- You are only talking about a present undeveloped skill or part of yourself that if you so chose, you can change. You do not have any weakness, only untapped potential
- Push yourself to the limit. Start with one assignment or task and soon you will make it a habit! Challenge yourself to do things differently than you have in the past. It provides new ideas and keeps you interested
- An important trait of a winner is self-talk. Talk to yourself when you feel that the chips are down. Encourage yourself. A self-talk using positive affirmation is something that is common among all great achievers
- Create your own “motivation board” by putting up notes of things you need to do on a bulletin board or special wall space. It is an easily visible way to see what you need to work on. When an item is done, remove the note. Also keep your goals listed and pictured on your board
- Stay curious, interested and inquisitive. The urge and the appetite to learn is what determines the learning curve of an individual. So, the more questions you ask the better the curve!
Join thousands of subscribers
And get updates as and when we publish new, informative and research based posts!