Everybody is aware of about the deteriorating air quality. The condition is adverse and affecting millions of people in the country. The only way to protect yourself is to take preventive measures and work proactively towards minimizing the situation. Sure, the need of the hour is to take steps to a sustainable future that preserves our ecosystem. However, protecting oneself from the already grave situation is necessary.
The quality of air in some parts of India is up to four times worse than the limit directed by various organizations like WHO. People are using masks outdoors and trying to protect themselves as much as they can. However, there is a catch in the situation. According to researchers the quality of indoor air is found to be far worse than outdoors because the pollutants get trapped indoors. To tackle the situation and make the indoor spaces breathable and healthy, using an air purifier is an optimum solution. There are several types of air purifier in India. However, there are some basic features that they all should have to be effective against the level of pollutants in our air.
Air Pollution Effects & Measures: HEPA Air Purifiers For Home & Car | Kent
Here are 5 question that will help you find the best air purifier in India.
- What is the size of your room?Yes, before you go out and buy an air purifier it is essential to consider the size of your room where the air purifier will be working most of the time. An air purifier which is either small for the room will not work efficiently. You need to measure your room size and check the specifications of the air purifier to see if it is suited for your room. The first question you need to ask is about room size when buying an air purifier. Several air purifiers in India are designed to work adequately for rooms of all sizes. Consider a size larger of the air purifier than your room if your area is highly polluted.
- What is the type of filter used in air purifier?When buying an air purifier in India, you need to consider the type of air filter used in the purifier. HEPA is the only acceptable air filter for air purifiers, as it is the industry standard for filtering out pollutants such as pollens, dust mites, SPM, mould, smoke and more. HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestor that is both effective and efficient in cleaning the air. Do not buy an air purifier that does not have a HEPA filter, especially if you are living in the highly polluted environment.
- What is the CADR value of air purifier?Considering the CADR value of air purifier is extremely important. CADR refers to the Clean Air Delivery Rate, which indicates the performance of an air purifier. It tells how much air is cleaned by the air purifier per hour. To put it simply, the higher the CADR, the more the air purifier can clean the air. An air purifier in India like the KENT Alps is rated at 400 m 3 /hour which is quite high and appropriate for home use.
- Does it come with an Ionizer?An inbuilt ionizer in an air purifier is extremely helpful in cases where air pollution is high. There are not many air purifiers that come with an ionizer, so make sure to look for one that has an ionizer. An ionizer works by releasing negative ions which forces the pollutants to stick on the surface of the room to improve the air quality. It also helps in removing odor from the room and keeps the room fresh for longer. The electrically charged collection plate of an ionizer helps to keep the room fresh for a longer time by trapping the pollutants.
- What other features do you need?Air purifiers are technologically advanced devices that come with distinct functions and features. The most common features are child-lock technology which helps in preventing unnecessary fiddling with the device, especially in a home with kids. Other features are an air quality monitor, which allows users to monitor air quality through a digital display. There is also an auto turn-off feature that is used in most air purifier which helps in turning off the air purifier after the air is cleaned or after a specific amount of time. It is for you to decide the features you require in an air purifier.
When buying an air purifier in India, it is important to make an informed choice. Purchase an air purifier from a reputable healthcare brand which has a good service record, and the one you and your family can rely on. Healthcare brands such as KENT are leaders in making air purifiers that are suited for home use. They are loaded with features and employ the latest technology making them a real value for money proposition.
Join thousands of subscribers
And get updates as and when we publish new, informative and research based posts!