Just announced, Google has got better with Group Chat and new Emoticons. Was just happy when I came across this link in Gmail 🙂 thats an another good feature from Gmail chat, but hope they won’t make it heavy like Yahoo Chat. In most of the IT Companies Yahoo chat is disabled than Gmail Chat, they treat Gmail Chat is more of professionals chat interface with light weight, fast, simple and easy to interact with.
You can Chat with multiple people without having multiple windows. And as in other group chat you can even Invite your friends to a group discussion. The group chat feature lets you chat with many friends at once. There’s no limit to the number of people you can chat with, and any participant can invite others to join. To start a group chat, click ‘Group chat’ from the ‘Options’ menu when chatting.
Here are the few steps to get started, just follow these steps:
- Start a chat with a single person in your Contacts list.
- Once you’ve started the chat, click Options at the bottom left of your chat window and select Group Chat.
- In the field labeled ‘Add a person to this chat,’ enter the name of the contact(s) you want to add to your group chat.
To end your chat, click the X at the corner of the chat window. Others in the group chat will get a message saying that you’ve left the conversation. If you want to rejoin, you’ll need to be invited back by a contact who’s still in the group chat. The group chat will continue until all participants have left.
To use emoticons, just choose one of these options:
- Type the appropriate combination of keys and press Enter.
- Click the blue smiley-face button at the right of the text-entry field. A pop-up menu appears, where you can choose from different emoticon sets, including circular, rectangular, or standard.
Here’s a list of our emoticons in standard format:
Good to have these features :), looking out for more features like Gmail Live Web Cam Chat etc.
Source: Gmail Help Center
Join thousands of subscribers
And get updates as and when we publish new, informative and research based posts!