If you are a Creative freak who loves color or a Designer, I am sure Kuler will attract you in the first shot. This was discovered by the creative team at Adobe and they called it as Kuler – pronunciation is same as color – “Discover Adobe® Kuler™”
Adobe® Kuler is a web-hosted application for exploring, creating and sharing color themes. It helps you to experiment quickly with color variations, browse and use thousands of themes from the Kuler community. So Color oops sorry “Kuler” your applications 🙂 or create new mashups by using this new and handy Kuler application.
Kuler uses Adobe Flash® technology and works both as a standalone tool and with Adobe Creative Suite® software.
Download the Kuler desktop and install to browse and search themes, drag themes to the desktop, or download them directly to the Swatches panel in Adobe Photoshop® CS3, Illustrator® CS3, or InDesign® CS3. To run the Kuler desktop, you’ll need to download the Adobe AIR™ runtime first.
Not only you can explore the colors, you can even share your discovered color themes with the creative freaks around the world and you can even have their valuable feedback of your color themes by being a part of their community. Join the discussion on Kuler talk. Ask questions, suggest new features, and get help from the lively Kuler community.
You can even create colorful themes even by uploading your favorite image or from your favorite flickr images.
Here are the couple of interesting features of Adobe Kuler:
- Creating new themes from millions of colors
- Browse themes by Newest, Most Popular, Highest Rated, or Random options.
- Quickly search thousands of themes by tag word, title, creator, or hex color value.
- Store, view, and retrieve all your saved themes in your personal Mykuler space.
- Download themes in Adobe Swatch Exchange (ASE) format as color swatches in Adobe Creative Suite®
- Choosing colors from Interactive color wheel
- Extracting color themes from your favorite colorful images
- You can comment and give rating to the themes
Check out its all Adobe Kuler features
And also check Kuler Adobe Learning Resources at their kuler developer zone.
Support Kuler by using their “Colored by Kuler” Logo
I love this Adobe Kuler, very easy, handy and I can say It’s a HUGE world of colors :). If you are using it already, just leave your thoughts/comments/reviews about the tool.
Join thousands of subscribers
And get updates as and when we publish new, informative and research based posts!