Android devices, smartphones and tablets, are generally at a higher risk of losing data. Unfortunately, information on Android devices is erased in various instances, sometimes accidentally done by the users and sometimes due to other reasons, like updating device and replacing battery.
But, worry not, if you looking for how to retrieve deleted text messages from an Android device, Disk Drill Android data recovery software is the solution for you. Besides the text messages, it can retrieve everything, including images, audios, videos, and other important documents that are lost/deleted from your Android devices.
However, you have to consider this immensely important fact, as mentioned on the Disk Drill software’s website. “It is not commonly known but Android does not actually erase data when it is deleted until the data has been overwritten. This means that data even once deleted by the user (you) can still be recovered and often quite easily with the correct software, such as Disk Drill.”
You can, not only recover deleted text messages or files from Android, but also from iPhone (iOS), using this free data recovery software – Disk Drill. This is my go-to software for recovering data at present, as it is hassle-free and trustworthy. Also, it is amazing how swiftly and easily Disk Drill retrieves data, within no time. You can refer to my earlier post on how to Recover Lost or Deleted Partition using Disk Drill (on Mac), here.
Follow the below step-by-step process.
As soon as you realise you have deleted something important from your Android device download Disk Drill Software on your Mac https://www.pandorarecovery.com. The windows software version for Android recovery will be released soon, as per their website. It is best to recover deleted text messages from your Android device at the earliest, to get the best possible results.
- Download the Disk Drill Android Recovery Software on your Mac. Link: Android Solution
- Then, install the Disk Drill app on your Android smartphone/device.
- Once the installation is successfully completed, open the Disk Drill app on your Android, as well as on your desktop/laptop.
Just like how it is shown in the below image.
- Connect your Android device to your desktop/laptop, using your Android device’s USB cable. Now, that you can see your Android device is connected to your Mac, the Disk Drill software will request your permission to get access to your Android device.
- Once you allow access, the Disk Drill Android data recovery software will scan through your Android smartphone/tablet automatically.
- A window with all the recent deletes from your Android device appears on the screen.
- Now, select the files (images or text messages) you would like to recover from your Android and click on the recover button in the top right corner.
- Your files are now successfully recovered. The same will be reflected in the window with the file names and other related details, as below.
Disk Drill also offers guaranteed recovery option where you can enable your ‘Trash protection’. You can select the options like the minimum size of an item that should be guaranteed for recovery, duration to keep deleted items protected from overwriting, and maximum size of guaranteed recovery storage.
You can, also, easily uninstall and reinstall the Disk Drill Android recovery software depending on your requirement, but that should be the least of your concerns, as the software takes very little space. You can rather turn off the software monitoring by clicking on the icon shown in the top right of your Mac’s menu bar and selecting the option “Temporarily stop S.M.A.R.T monitoring”.
Good Luck with your Android data recovery. Let us know how it works for you. You can share your experiences in the comment section below.
Join thousands of subscribers
And get updates as and when we publish new, informative and research based posts!